Many of my clients initially have a bit of a struggle in reducing wheat and gluten in their diet. After all we are brought up on the stuff so it’s no wonder many people find having a slice of toast comforting! But rather than following a new diet plan for a few months and then returning back to the old way, I provide clients with food and recipe examples that offer wheat and gluten free alternatives that they can continue to use into the future. Clients are often surprised when they learn that they’re not going to have to give up cake when their training with me! So here’s another great recipe for everyone to try. If you are trying to lose weight have a small slice followed by a piece of fresh fruit for brunch. If you are trying to build muscle have a large slice with an organic milkshake and also have a piece of fresh fruit, such as a banana.
Seed and Coconut Fruit Loaf
8 dried dates chopped into quarters
2 desert spoons mixed raisins and berry mix
2 desert spoons coconut flakes
2 desert spoons seed mix
2 desert spoons gluten free oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup soy, potato, gram flour mix
½ cup soy bran
¾-1 cup organic milk
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease baking paper with coconut oil and place in a loaf tin.
2. Sieve the baking powder, xanthan gum, flour mix and cinnamon into a large bowl.
3. Add the coconut flakes, seed mix, oats, soy bran and stir.
4. Add the dates, raisins and berries and stir.
5. Add the milk slowly until the mixture becomes a thick batter.